Hospice is accountable for the appropriate allocation and utilization of its resources in order to provide optimal care consistent with patient and family needs. Hospice monitors and evaluates its resource allocation regularly to identify and resolve problems with the utilization of its services, facilities, and personnel.
Monitoring includes a review of the following utilization concerns:
• Appropriateness of interdisciplinary team services and level of services being provided
• Appropriateness of patient admission to hospice
• Regular review of patient length of stay
• Delays in admission or in the provision of interdisciplinary team services
• Specific treatment modalities